We all know them. They’re our friends, bestie, roommate….and even ourselves. The side chick is a title that often times goes unnoticed. Many females worthy of the side chick title have no idea that they are indeed the side chick. So tell a friend to tell a friend who might just be that side chick to read this.
Here are 10 Ways to Know That You Are Indeed the Side Chick:
1. He told you that he doesn’t celebrate Valentine’s Day- Ladies some of you have fell for this one! Pretty much every guy celebrates Valentine’s Day. That’s an open invitation to good drinks, good sex, and a damn good time. No guy is passing this up even on his brokest day! What he may do is just shorten his list of girls to one for that particular day, and trust if you’re not fit to make the cut he’s definitely hitting you with the SWEEERVE.
2. He has absolutely NO pictures of you, or with you, on his Facebook or Instagram page- If someone can go to your social profile and see a variety of pics of you with him, and go to his page and find only his selfies and bro pics, then know for sure that he doesn’t have you listed as his first priority.
3. You get introduced as his “friend” “homie” or “sis” to friends, family, and strangers- He has absolutely NO pictures of you, or with you, on his Facebook or Instagram page- If someone can go to your social profile and see a variety of pics of you with him, and go to his page and find only his selfies and bro pics, then know for sure that he doesn’t have you listed as his first priority. Girl if you needed any more proof that you’re the side chick, then this is it. If he’s referring you as his “friend” to his friends, then trust that you are just that…..a very close friend that he sleeps with from time to time.
4. The most expensive meal he’s ever treated you to was at Applebees, Olive Garden, or Ihop– With all the deals on Groupon and Living Social if the best he can do for you is the 2 entrees for $15 at Applebees then you most definitely are in second place to someone or something else.
5. He only texts you and rarely ever calls unless its to meet up- A man who is really into a girl will be willing to pick up the phone and talk to you. If all you get are the “wyd”, “when are we hangin”, and “what u wearin” texts, he definitely isn’t taking your relationship seriously.
6. There’s no dates….you only visit his bedroom and go home- Ladies you know side chicks are only worthy of getting a booty call and going home. Just because you know his Mother don’t mean nothing. If he’s not taking you outside of his bedroom then you might want to re-evaluate your status!
7. He only contacts you when he wants something- A man who’s really into a girl wants to know her every activity during the day. If he’s only hitting you up when it’s convenient for him, then there’s a problem. A man will show a woman that he’s into her by talking to her about whatever is on her mind, not just what’s on his. So re-evaluate the phone convos and see if your man is putting you first.
8. He doesn’t mind if you tell him about other guys you talk to- Ladies if it’s alright for you to make mention of any other guys you’re kind of feeling, or talking to, then that man does not care about you like that. Any man who is okay with listening to the girl he’s sleeping with talk about other men without getting pissed off, is definitely not that into her. So know your role and respect it, or begin to move on outside of 2nd base!
9. You don’t know where he lives- So if you don’t know where exactly your man lives, it’s probably because he’s living with his next chick. Guys who live at home with their girl, and are creeping around, will avoid at all cost bringing you to their home, and even making mention of where they live. Notice the red flags ladies!
***This blog post is full of extreme sarcasm and was NOT made to offend anyone but to shed light on an issue that happens all too often. If you know a side chick, and care about them as a person, please try and have a talk with them about loving themselves and seeing their worth. No female is worthy of side chick material unless she herself if happy with it (Joseline). Know your worth, and don’t take no crap from no man. There’s plenty of good D out there, so like Dori said…